hp psc 1212 printer drivers , can i virtualize it?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mantra, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Hi
    i use seldom a printer to print text
    well this printer is old , i don't want to buy one new
    because i use it really seldom like 5 time in one month

well i don't like the drivers , they can give issues on xp or vista

well i would like to use some software maybe a virtualize software to switch on and have the drivers loaded and after swich off and have the xp without drivers

install & uninstall drivers , i found not a big deal

well is there a way to use this drivers & printer seldom ,without have keep installed on my xp?

is there a trick to have they work only when i need

i thought about a virtualization tool , could help me?

thanks
    every help is wellcome

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Take a look at altiris software virtualisation solution. Its free for home use and lets you easily virtualise software which you can activate/deactivate on the fly whenever you need it. I've never used it in the way you've described but i see no reason why it shouldn't work.

http://juice.altiris.com/page/86/get-svs-here-now (scroll down the page to where it says free for personal use and under there is some download links).

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  3. mantra

mantra Registered Member

thanks
    does it support the reboot?
    does it work like VirtualBox?

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeh it supports reboots. Once you install the virtual software its there until you decide to remove it. Its kind of like virtualbox, instead of virtualizing the whole operating system it just virtualizes programs. You can turn it on and off whenever you want.
    For example i have an antivirus program that i have virtually installed. When i want to scan my computer i turn on the virtual program and do my scan. When i'm done i simply turn it off and all traces of it are gone. I update the antivirus while its active and the updates are saved inside the virtual program.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.