How Young Is Too Young to Learn to Code?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lotuseclat79, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

You are never too young for these things. Take it from a guy who learnt to start, operate and run Windows 95 at the age of three (not that I really understood anything but I knew how to start the PC and open some applications). :D

3. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Age of three? You are 20 now?
    Mrk

4. EncryptedBytes

EncryptedBytes Registered Member

never too young. An old job I once had, I was the general IT guy in a team of 3 for this small company. Besides securing the company's digital assets such as websites, databases. We also provided local server/ equipment support. One day the company had a bring your child to work day and they had games etc on the main floor for them. I get a call because the children are trying to watch a movie though the system the video feed is tied into is malfunctioning. I get down there no more than 4 minutes after the call to hear the problem is fixed. The exact words were, "We don't need IT anymore, so and so's 4 year old fixed the problem." I went to double check and sure enough the kid fixed the issue. If any of you are in IT our jobs could be in danger when these kids grow up .:D

5. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I know people who started coding at 14 - others even earlier. Getting foundations at an early age is great.

I've heard people suggest that fundamentals of coding be taught as early as 1st grade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.