how to work .tib file?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by shamuntoha, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shamuntoha

shamuntoha Registered Member

filename.tib = 18gb

The file is backup in XP, now how to recover it in Vista? Please show some must working examples.

Best regards
    Shamun

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If it's an image you don't want to recover it in Vista because it will overwrite Vista. You an extract data files from it but you can't extract installed Windows applications and have them run in Vista. If it is different hardware then you shouldn't use the image because it will not contain the correct drivers - even if you do want to replace Vista with XP.

Strongly suggest you read both the TI User Guide and also search this for any post by GroverH. He has written some great guides for doing typical tasks with TI and links to him are always given under his signature.

3. shamuntoha

shamuntoha Registered Member

Which version for vista i need to use? (where it was backup in XP by i dont know which version was)

==> i am not afraid now i have the asnwer from you and as following <===
    [16:07] <XLV> ShaMunW, if you just want to get some files of that .tib file, use file explorer in acronis true image

[16:07] <||cw> of course, acronis's manual tells you all about this

[16:08] <ShaMunW> XLV: that is my logic telling it will crash somewhere.

[16:09] <||cw> ShaMunW: well, if you use the acronis boot disk to restore the disk image, of course you will wipe out vista

[16:09] <ShaMunW> XLV: you are really telling me a life to live. i just need explorer of that file.

[16:09] <ShaMunW> not the VISTA overwrite by XP old.

[16:10] <XLV> ShaMunW, dont know about any life to live.. install acronis true image to vista in laptop, use it to explore the .tib file..

[16:10] <ShaMunW> ||cw: that i dont want, i just want to browse the *.tib file to see whats on it and take 1 or 5 files out from that.

[16:10] <ShaMunW> XLV: which model you told? acronis true image only ?

[16:10] <||cw> right, use the "single file restore" option, not the "disk image restore" option

4. Wandering2

Wandering2 Registered Member

It's hard to follow your logic, but if all you want to do is explore the tib file to recover various DATA files from it, you should be able to mount it in Vista if Acronis is installed there. In fact if you have Acronis installed in Vista, then you can just double click the file, and you can explore it, though you can't do anything with it.

Alternately, mount it in the older XP system with Acronis, and copy files to an external drive for transfer, or use your home network if you have one.

Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.