How to Validate Split Images?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tjdean01, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjdean01

tjdean01 Registered Member

I created a backup of just my files, not the OS. I plan to burn this to DVD as soon as I validate it. It will use 5 DVDs so there's no sense to burn it before validation. However, I click on file 5/5 for validation, it validates, then it asks me for file 4/5. I have it, it's right next to file 5/5 that it's already validating, but TI is looking for it in the DVD drive! How can I make it look on the HD. (happens on both bootable CD and Windows) Thanks in advance.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

What version is this?

3. tjdean01

I created the files with version 11 of the bootable CD.

I tried to validate with 11 on CD, and 10 which is installed on the PC.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  4. tjdean01

BTW the HD is NFTS and OS is XP.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this! :oops:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  5. seekforever

The 5 tib files must be in the same folder on the HD. Normally, TI will recognize any one of the tib files as part of a multi-file archive and validate the whole archive without any intervention.

The archive file format was changed in TI11 which would mean that TI10 may not be able to understand the format for a validation.

If this doesn't help, where are the archive files stored?

6. tjdean01

They are stored on the HD, which is connected by USB, and, the bootable version of 11 was giving me the problems. I could stick the HD in the laptop, but all this drive switching is really getting to be a pain. I wish there were an easy way to backup and clone with no problems.

7. seekforever

It should work fine on a USB drive connected to the PC. However, if you can't get it to work properly with the boot CD which is Linux then it is unlikely you would ever be able to restore the archive.

What happens if you make an archive using TI10 in Windows, which I believe is the version you have loaded on the PC? It should work since the program version will match the archive and you will be using Windows not Linux.

If the above works, then I would think TI11 installed on your machine and running in Windows would validate OK too. If it does work, it still doesn't solve what appears to be a problem of the TI boot CD not working correctly.

8. tjdean01

Thanks again for the reply. I didn't try to create it using TI10 on the computer because I decided last year that I get significantly fewer errors using the bootable Linux version. I guess I could try TI 11 Windows, but, since Windows gives me errors, I don't want to do that again.

I think that if I burn the files to DVD and then validate them, Linux bootable TI11 will work. It is asking for the DVD to be put in so I think if I give it what it wants it will validate it.

Isn't it strange that there isn't a "Browse..." button at the time when it calls for the next DVD? If you use autosplit I'm assuming there is a browse button? This is my main problem. o_O

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tjdean01,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that to validate the archive all its parts have to be stored in the same location (folder on drive, DVD media, etc.).

Please make sure you use the latest build (8101) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

10. shieber

shieber Registered Member

ATI10 cannot validate ATI 11 files -- the file structure is changed in ATI11. ATI11 can work on ATI10 files but not vice versa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.