How to use Mullvad VPN - Free

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by luciddream, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NormanN

NormanN Registered Member

I was going to reply in more detail, but now the connection is dropping again. I can get to Wilders, open a thread, but then nothing. I have to disconnect, kill openvpn.exe and relog on...where I get about 30 seconds more of connectivity. This method is just weird. I waited for a long time yesterday before posting, and it was working flawlessly...this morning...nada. It's understandable, no way they have a pay service but would allow free access...it wouldn't make sense. Sorry guys, I thought I had it figured out.

NN

2. bryanjoe

bryanjoe Registered Member

tried all 4 without success.
    Guess there isnt any free mullvad after all.

3. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Thanks. Should I put that set in my Global Rules? And if so wouldn't any outbound rules I have for applications (such as UTorrent) over-ride them anyway then, rendering it moot?... as from what I understand with Comodo outbound filtering application rules take priority over global, and it's the opposite with inbound filtering (Global rules apply first, then application).

So how exactly should I set these rules up to make the block truly effective?

4. luciddream

I can't see how this could be used to accomplish this after thinking about it. One way or the other that block rule will cut off your internet connection altogether, as soon as you create the rule. The trick is to only have it fire if you lose your VPN connection.

I'm going to start a new thread about this so it's on topic. Hopefully some people far more educated about rule sets than me can chime in with some ideas.

5. luciddream

Well it "was" working fine for me. Something has obviously changed since then.

6. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Maybe they found this thread ;)

7. luciddream

Was thinking the same thing. They were offering it for free though, but maybe too many people have caught onto it now and they had to do something to stop the bleeding. I was hoping they could accommodate all the users. I wanted to help more people, but I may have ended up ruining it for those "in the know" now instead :'(

8. NormanN

NormanN Registered Member

I'm on it now, but it's hit or miss on how long it stays up. I rotate between those 4 config files posted when one craps out. I'll be sending them cash though, they deserve it.

NN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.