how to use Defensewall "go banking"?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by fce, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fce

fce Registered Member

anybody know's how to use it? and what's the advantage of using it?

Also any info how to tweak DW?

thanks!

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

This will launch your brower that you setup in Options - Go Banking/Shopping, and close all untrusted processes.

Defensewall needs very little tweaking.
    Reading the help file is highly recomended.

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

By running the banking mode your browser will be totally isolated from all other processes so you can safely enter personal details.
    I don't tweak anything in DW i just run it using its default configuration which seems to work well for me.

4. BG

BG Registered Member

farmerlee .... you run DefenseWall on a Vista Ultimate 64bit machine??

5. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

Under "Go Banking/Shopping" mode, no executable modules created under regular untrusted mode can't be loaded into. Also, it cause all the other untrusted process to be stoped, which rise up money transactions security.

It's not an isolation at all (for example, Korean people need their browsers under GBS mode to be trusted, other case its online banking just won't works), that just a mode that rises up transactions security level.

6. Ohmy

Ohmy Guest

7. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

8. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Not natively. I run windows xp with defensewall and a few other apps in a virtual machine on top of vista 64-bit.

9. Ilya Rabinovich

DefenseWall do not support 64bit Windows right now.

10. fce

fce Registered Member

i try to run "go banking" but it take me too many click to run go banking feature of DW.

right click DW icon and click "go banking" didnt work (i'm waiting for nothing), so i go to "advance" then "go banking" and it work....sometime the "advance" to "go banking" never close my untrusted application and no message at all. when i click again the go banking using the DW icon, it works o_O

11. Ilya Rabinovich

Strange. Sent me an e-mail to support, I'll give you my instructions back.

12. fce

fce Registered Member

sorry for this newbie Q.....why is that when i used "go banking" my FF (browser) is in trusted zone?

i mean its like i'm opening a browser and can use it banking online without going too many click (advance - go banking).

another question, why is that when i played online i never see my online game in untrusted application? also whenever i closed DW all the cookies/password/internet setting will be deleted (same as when you restarted Returnil)?

thanks

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  13. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

Hello fce,

To address your former question, this is possible if you have enabled the "Run browser as trusted" option which can be seen at the following link below.

http://softsphere.com/online-help/defensewall/gobankingshoppingsettings.htm

Keep in mind that this option is not recommended unless it is absolutely necessary. To take a direct quote from DefenseWall's online help file,

"In some countries, financial institutions sites will not allow users to connect to their accounts under DefenseWall's protections, therefore, the option to run the browser in Go Banking/Shopping mode 'As Trusted' is now available."

To address your latter question, while you will not see your online game physically in the "untrusted" list, in a sense it is running as "untrusted" by extension of your web browser which is in the "untrusted" list.

Hope this helps.

Peace & Gratitude,

CogitoErgoSum

14. Ilya Rabinovich

When it doesn't runs as untrusted.

This case set it as untrusted manually. Not all the programs need to be untrusted are within built-in list.

No. DefenseWall do erase no files automatically.

15. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

fce,
    When I was trying DW I too noticed that when I would shut down a protected browser and then go back to it later the changes I had made were gone.
    Also, if I opened the browser later as trusted, the web pages that I had saved in Untrusted FF3 were gone.
    I think DW is great but I didn't understand it.
    Regards.
    Hugger

16. Ilya Rabinovich

It's already fixed and will be released with the next, 2.46 version. If you need it now- mail me to support and I'll send you a link back.

17. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

All my tweaks are included as per version 2.45, when you enable resource protection. DW is the first and only security application which runs untweaked on our home PC (from which we do online banking). I think DW is one of the best and one of the easiest security program available.
    DW is also the reason for me to visit security forums less and helped me find the time to modify my track motor bike (other exhaust with more cornering clearance and bottom power).

Luckily I got an old PC (Athlon 3400+) back from a relative on which I installed GeSWall Pro and ThreatFire Pro. At least that reduced the unused lisences by two and satisfied my need to tweak :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.