How to turn off ESET Smart Security?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by GunnerInc, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunnerInc

GunnerInc Registered Member

I am trying to download/get all files from a website archive. Since ESET is blocking just about every file I try to download; I have disabled firewall, real time file system protection, web access protection and anything else I can find but ESET still blocks the downloads. It is REALLY annoying. Using ESET Smart Security 5.0.94.0, how do I allow these downloads?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. GunnerInc

GunnerInc Registered Member

Tried that and it still blocks files. I am positive the files are safe. I chose ESET because of the small amount of false positives with programs written in Assembly. I have been writing in Assembly for over 10 years and most other AV's have way too many false positives granted even with ESET I have to ignore some of my programs. But this is just plain ole annoying not being able to download something I know is safe. Many of the files I am trying to download do not contain a resource section or manifest and some are 16bit which use interrupts.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Did you try to download them into a folder that you have excluded from scanning in Eset?

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

have you reported the files /website to eset to get the fp solved?
    what are the detection names?

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Disabling web access protection as well as real-time protection should make it possible to download even malware. Anyways, I wonder how the files you're downloading are detected, perhaps posting the appropriate records from your threat log would shed more light.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.