How to stop AMON during a scan?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ugc, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ugc

ugc Registered Member

I installed and updated NOD32, and when I rebooted, it started automatically scanning my c: drive. It slows down my computer when working with other software, and I would like to stop the scan, so I removed the check mark in the "Scheduler/Planner", but the scan did not stop, and I can't find a "STOP" button.??

How do you stop it from scanning when it is auto started? (without turning AMON off).

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. ugc

ugc Registered Member

I don't want to disable it, I just want to stop (or pause) it scanning my hard drive while I am working on my computer.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

yes thats what i meant. sry if the word "disable" confuses you.

btw you do realize your computer will be partly unprotected while AMON is "paused".

5. ugc

ugc Registered Member

Thanks for your help. I don't want to be unprotected, so I guess I will just deal with the slowness.

My computer runs very fast with antivirus turned off, but slows down greatly with it turned on.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you actually mean AMON or a background scan of the whole drive? AMON should not slow down your computer unless very complex exe files are continually being created on your drive - in this case you could exclude these particular files from scanning in the AMON setup.

7. ugc

ugc Registered Member

I will try that. What I am doing is DVD video/audio editing. Very large gig files.

I was looking for ways to speed up the computer, and saw AMON was constantly scanning a large list of files, at first, I thought it was scanning my hard drive, but it looks like it is scanning the files in memory??, But I figured that was the cause for the "seem to be" extra load on my CPU.

I need to upgrade my computer anyway, it is getting outdated.

8. Marcos

AMON definitely does not scan video files.

9. ugc

ugc Registered Member

I know, but it does take up CPU cycles with the constant scanning of the other files. The more CPU for the video editing, the faster I can get the job done.
    I will either temp disable AMON or upgrade my computer. Thanks everyone for your help.

10. Marcos

You could theoretically see a slow down upon continual creation / modification of exe/dll files, not upon accessing them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.