How to stop a specific e-mail alert

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by edwin3333, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

The RA updates from the Internet. During that update, the eSET HTTP server shuts down until the update finishes. With my connection settings, that might take a while. Then once the update is done, eSet RA starts the HTTP servicing clients again.

That's fine. I understand I don't want my clients downloading partial content.

But I get thousands of these e-mail errors each day;

10/28/2008 8:26:34 AM - During execution of Update on the computer PRFL3071, the following warning occurred:
    10/28/2008 10:26:33 AM - During execution of Update on the computer FICE4712, the following warning occurred: Download interrupted.
    10/28/2008 10:31:05 AM - During execution of Update on the computer MIS2664, the following warning occurred: Could not connect to server.

I don't want these. I don't need to see every time that happens, multiplied by my 600 clients.

But these are "ERROR" level warnings (I think they should be informative, and failure to update after X hours ERROR) So I can't simply set my e-mail level up to ERROR from Warning.

How can I stop just these alerts in eSet e-mailing?

2. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

I come in this morning to an inbox from overnight with 2292 e-mails from eSet, most stating;

During execution of Update on the computer PERM4762, the following warning occurred:

and that's it - no actual warning. A few say could not connect to server.

Is there no way to setup the RA to push an XML config to exclude just this junk?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.