How To Start A New Tread On Privacy or Security Product Pages?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by LodeHere, Nov 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LodeHere

LodeHere Registered Member

2. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

3. LodeHere

LodeHere Registered Member

Thank you.
    That is what I thought, that one has to choose one of the threads on products for example.
    But there I see a thread named " A radical experiment." That is not about a specific product.

I would like to asks about Sandboxie and CCleaner compatibility, but don't see threads about those under Security Products.

After I close a sandboxed browser Sandboxie is set to automatically empty the sandbox, and double checking says that the sandbox is empty.
    I have CCleaner also set to automatically clean when closing the browser, and it does with my Chrome and Librewolf, not with Brave. So after closing the latter I have to manually Terminate All Programs option from Sandboxie, or use DefaultBox > Delete Content.
    But in all cases after Sandboxie says it' s empty, and CCleaner did its automatic cleaning, when I then manually let CCleaner clean once again there are usually still trackers it removes.

I surf the web sandboxed by default, so it seems Sandboxie somehow leaves trackers, and so does the automatic cleaning by CCleaner.

Anyway, it's not a biggie, as I just manually let CCleaner do a an extra job now and then, and also Sandboxie. But maybe something can be improved there.

4. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Registered Member

I think most Sandboxie threads are posted in -> Software, Hardware and General Services -> sandboxing & virtualization -> Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic.
    Perhaps a moderator can move and rename your post, or you can post in that section.

Regarding Sandboxie and sandbox clearing, I think you may not be the first one to notice such issue.
    Recently, zmechys posted [1] [2] in the Firefox thread concerning a somewhat similar issue regarding Sandboxie clearing, although I can't rule out that may have been related to the use of Privazer. I think I've seen similar reports before.
    I hope other Sandboxie users can help you with your issue.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
  5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Let's Continue The Discussion There. Go Ahead and Post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.