How to setup Grub for Dos in a boot CD?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by testsoso, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. testsoso

testsoso Registered Member

I want to put some bootup CDs together in one CD, and use Grub for Dos to choose, during the boot time.

I have in mind to put:"Grub for Dos" with "Parted magic ISO", "MHDD ISO", "TrueCypt Boot CD ISO", and a "BartPe" all together in one CD.

But i'm not familiar with Grub for Dos.
    Does anyone did something similar? and can share some experiences?

2. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I have used it for some time now on my unattended dvd. Tis fairly straight forward I suppose. However, you really should head over to bootland or msfn or 911cd forums. They are full to overflowing with information regarding this area. Look for pretty much anything by wimb or jaclaz.

I could give you a setup fairly easily, only need one menu.lst file and a few others to make cd/dvd work. I could not get .iso files to work however with g4d. I think maybe there are methods to do that now. YOu could also check out the bootable usb stuff. It does work, if you are going to use it on really new rigs it is great. Any rig slightly older it is a 50/50 % chance of working. Tis IMO more effort than it is worth.

Definately worth purusing though. G4D is a very useful tool to know how to use.

Sul.

3. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.