How to set up MD for Silent Mode secure and safe operation?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by raven211, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Will PGS let me run my apps. as a limited user?

2. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

Would you say that UAC + SRP + Sbie is equal to LUA + SRP + sbie in terms of security?

3. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

No LUA is absolutely foolproof, UAC (on full) is only as safe when used by a sensible user. Assuming someone using SBIE is sensible I would say yes to your answer ;)

4. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees D: :p :D

5. Dregg Heda

Is it possible for malware to elevate in a UAC enabled admin account without somehow triggering a UAC prompt?

6. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Well, I recall using the MS Application Compatibility Toolkit to fix QuarkXPress UAC prompting. Yeah, they still haven't fixed that bug even w/ latest version and updates and all - totally ridiculous considering the $$$ you pay for it. I don't recall the details where's the info stored though. Also, it's possible to get rid of the pesky UAC prompt via task scheduler (useful for things you run automatically at start up that cause this UAC prompt). So, the ways to get rid of it are certainly there, but presumably this would require some kind of vulnerability to get exploited.

7. Dregg Heda

Thanks for responding doktornotor! Looks like Im better off sticking with LUA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.