How to set up Firefox (ver 60) in Sandboxie

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Bonancy2, May 23, 2018.

1. Bonancy2

Bonancy2 Registered Member

Hi,
    I'm new to using Sandboxie and have read their tutorial, etc. yet I can't find how to set up a desktop shortcut to run FF under SB. I have one shortcut for naked FF.

I've run a search and looked at 8 pages of results here but cannot find how to do this simple config. There's over 26 pages of results. Could anyone help instruct me how to create a shortcut to run FF under SB? My SB is also the latest, ver 5.24 I believe, and 64b.

Thank you.

Bonancy

2. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Hi Bonancy2. The SandboxedWebBrowser icon Sandboxie places in your desktop runs your default browser in the DefaultBox. So, if you make Firefox your default browser, you could run Firefox sandboxed by clicking the icon Sandboxie placed in your Desktop.

You could also leave your default browser as is and create a sandboxed shortcut for Firefox. I believe this is what you want.

To create one open Sandboxie control, click Configure>Windows shell integration>Add shortcut icons, Select DefaultBox, Click OK. This opens the Sandboxie Start menu, hover the browser over Desktop and look for Firefox and click it. After you click on Firefox, the sandboxed shortcut will appear in your Desktop.

The way I wrote it above, Firefox will run in the DefaultBox. Instead, for better isolation you can create a separate sandbox for Firefox (Sandboxie control>Sandbox>Create new sandbox), you can name the new sandbox as Firefox and select this sandbox instead of DefaultBox when you create the shortcut.

Bo

3. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.