How to set kaspersky 4.5 auto-update when dial up 56kb modem being made?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by slfan, Oct 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slfan

slfan Registered Member

I am on 56kb modem dial-up connection, kaspersky Personal 4.5.0.94 without control center on winxp sp2. How to set kaspesky 4.5 to update database automatically and silently when I connect 56kb modem dial-up? I know nod32 could do that , whenever I connect 56kb dial-up, nod32 will detect an internet connection is being made and will update automatically and silently, so the user don't ever notice the existence of the update process? So, I would like this happen with kaspersky 4.5 updater?

I have browsered through the useful following info link
    http://www.iggyz.com/book/kav.html

All i could get is either using window schedule task function,
    but window schedule task function is only be able to set update during " log on", "system start up", or "certain period of time of the day", this is not what i wanted, there is no selection for update kaspersky during 56kb dial-up connection being connected...

I don't want to install kaspersky 4.5 control center module, so is there a way to set kaspersky updater to update silently and automatically when 56kb dial-up is being made and being detected by kaspesky 4.5 updater?

Thanks

slfan

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I always used manual updates with KAV 4.0.....never used KAV after 4.0 :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.