How to secure memory card ?

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by southcat, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southcat

southcat Registered Member

Greeting. I always like to store valuable information into SD Card, because i believe memory card is more durable than any other storage device, but i don't know how to protect/secure the information on my sd card.

Those handy security software always come with flash drive or external hard disk only.

Does anyone can provide some idea how to protect the data on memory card?

Thanks for concerns.

2. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

Put a Truecrypt container on it, along with a copy of TC Portable. You'll need admin rights on any computer you want to use it on.

PD

3. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

Agreed. I have some containers on mini SD's and they run slick. I wouldn't trust those other little encryption tools that come with the flash drives. Not saying they are poor but I don't know where they came from. TrueCrypt is tried and proven to hold up under intense investigation. Many court cases prove its value. Something to think about.

4. southcat

southcat Registered Member

Thank you.:)

5. ha14

ha14 Registered Member

6. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

Actually the built-in encryption tools *are* pretty poor indeed.

This is why I never trust an encryption program where the source code is not available for review to all. Hardware encryption is especially to be looked upon with suspicion. Even if the authors are not malicious, they still can make huge mistakes as was the case in the link above. This is why you need EXPERTS to make crypto products, and then the work of those experts needs to be open for peer review.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.