how to save images to Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fitzie22, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitzie22

fitzie22 Registered Member

I just installed the true image enterprise edition and am a little confused. I installed the enterprise server on a server in my network and created a 100gig secure zone.

I then installed the agent on a test server and the management console on my workstation.

I am a litttle confused because when I go to the management console I can get to the test server that I want to make the image of but I am not sure where the enterprise server comes into play. I am not able to see that secure zone to save teh image to. To me it looks like the best I can do is search through network places for the enterprise server.

What am I missing. I would like to centrally store all tth images on the enterprise server but don't see where it even comes into play.

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fitzie22,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Let me explain the main idea of the remote backup feature:

- You have Acronis Agents installed on several remote computers;

- You have Acronis Management Console installed on the one main computer;

- Using Acrnonis Management Console you connect to the machines with Acronis Agent installed and perform the backup process remotely using Acronis Management Console to control it.

Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 application itself does not take part in the remote backup process, since it is used for the local operations only.

Please also note that Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 allows you to save your images to the network drives (shares). However, Acronis Secure Zone is a special hidden partition which can not be shared thus it can be used only for saving your images locally.

I advice you to share a folder on the server where Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 is installed and then create an image of the remote test server saving this image to that shared folder.

Please read more on how to use Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. fitzie22

fitzie22 Registered Member

Great, thanks for clearing that up. I do still not see why even install the enterprise server anywhere? can you clerify that please?

Thanks

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fitzie22,

Please note that Acronis Agent and Acronis Management Console allow you to perform remote backup operations only, while Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 itself (as a local application) provides you with some other features such as Disk Clone or Explore Image features which are not available when using remote backup components and can be used only locally.

Moreover, one might want to use Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 as a separate backup application and will need to install the local application only in this case.

You can compare capabilities of Acronis Management Console and local application (local console) by reading chapters 3 and 4 of Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.