How to restore Outlook Express mails?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by biker05, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biker05

biker05 Registered Member

Hi, I've just bought TI 11and wanted to test it: yesterday I made a backup of OutlookExpress (including adress book). Today I delete one mail (just to test TI) and try to restore Outlook mails without any error message but when I search the deleted mail, it doesn't appear under Outlook after the restore!where is it gone?

2. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

To some degree this depends on how you did the backup. I find the Outlook Express files here:

C:\Documents and Settings\{User Name}\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{Identity Number}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

3. biker05

Yes, it's the right path for O.E.files and when I explore the backup of "my e-mails", all mails are present
    I'll try another way: I'll choose the files to backup and try to restore them

4. Bruce Mahnke

Have you read chapter 5 in the User Guide, particularily section 5.2.4?

Bruce

5. biker05

Thank you Bruce, it's OK now:
    I just let TI generate the backup file "Mybackup.tib" instead of my own name, then when I restored, I checked all the boxes: "Windows Adress Book", "Microsoft Outlook Express" AND "MyBackup.tib".
    I suppose that checking only "Microsoft Outlook Express" will restore the O.E. folders but not the files in the folders
    This afternoon I tried "Try & Decide": nice function!

6. Bruce Mahnke

Happy to hear that you were successful. I haven't tried it as I only make full backups.

Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.