How To Restore Image While In Windows?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Uffbros, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uffbros

Uffbros Registered Member

For some reason I can't restore an image from within windows. I have Win XP divided into 2 partitions..C and D..I have the image on D. So all I want to do when it crashes is to restore the image from D to C. It says that the logical disk you have chosen is in use....It's the C drive I want the image to go too_O?? What is in useo_O? I have plenty of space so thats not a problem. It works if I use the Bootable CD..I tell it the same to restore image(.tib) from D to C and it works. Why not from within windows? I thought this could do it. I have the latest version of True Image Corporate. Thanks for any replies.

2. feverfive

feverfive Registered Member

You simply can't. Think about it: even though you have your image stored on a seperate partion, it's on the same drive as the destination partition. Your HD is SPINNING (i.e., in use). Just use the boot CD & restore outside Windows.

3. Uffbros

Uffbros Registered Member

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.