How to restore a backup from a network Hard Drive Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 12

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by Portugal, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Portugal

Portugal Registered Member

Hello.

First, I'm using Paragon Hard Disk Manager Suite 12 (paid version).

So I wish to try out Windows 8 on my Laptop, but first I want to backup my existing SSD in a way that I can quickly restore my current Windows 7 installation if anything goes wrong.

So, I created I full HD Backup including MBR. In case anything goes wrong, what are the steps I should follow in order to restore my Laptop from the full HDD backup I created (note that the backup is on a network drive).

And will that backup completely restore my laptop's state? If not, what kind of backup should I create?

Regards.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

To restore the disk, you should restore not only the MBR, but the Track 0 (the MBR is part of the Track 0). If you backed up the whole disk, the track 0 should be already included in the backup.

To restore, just open the restore wizard and follow the instructions. In principle, there shouldn´t be any problems.

But keep in mind that in this forum there are frequent questions about the use of backups in network drives (most of them unanswered). I don´t use network drives, so I don´t have relevant experience. But I suggest you browse the forum and, if possible, create another disk backup in an external USB disk.