How to remove sskbfd.sys...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Atomas31, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

2. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Thanks GlobalForce,

Ok, I got in the console recovery, type "listsvc" after that one problem I had is the fact that I couldn't see/read the first letters/words from the left just like the phrases started outside my screeno_O)? Well, from that list I couldn't do anything except pressing enter or space to get down the list until I have a prompt like c:\windows (or something like that). I then type "enable sskbfd service_demand_start" but I received a message that sskbfd couldn't be found (or something like that)o_O What's next from there...

3. GlobalForce

Hold on, fresh direction. Carefully reviewing your thread it appear's you've attempted a few deletion's. Can you tell us for sure whether the file's still present. I'm guessing there's a related inf file somewhere, possibly the inf folder in your windir. Would you mind checking? How do you feel about reinstalling, then systematically uninstalling the program? This was SS5 we're discussing, correct?

Sfc was another consideration, one I'm unable to say with certainty would work.
    Maybe you'll comment on the source location of those registry key's.

You stated Bubba's info didn't work. Were you able to find and delete those value's without access problem's?

GF

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  4. Atomas31

I always made a snapshots before attempting anything to get rid of this driver. I have tried a lot of things and deletion and generally I got to go back to a clean snapshots. As for the driver sskbfd.sys it sure is present (in fact, it's like it is a part of the actual keyboard driver and my keyboard driver can't work without it).

I have no idea where or what is windir and I also have no idea where to find the inf file in my system? If you could indicate the path where to check, I will be happy to check :)

I don't mind reinstalling the program (I think I still got the latest version installer of Spysweeper I have use) but I am not sure I understand when you say "systematically uninstalling the program"?

And yes, it was a version 5.0 of SpySweeper...

Thanks for your help,
    Atomas31

5. Atomas31

I will try a scan now right now ;-)

Ok, I run a scan now but I am asked to place my Windows XP in my CDROM because some files need to be copied on the dll cache. If I place my recovery CD, it's says that this is not the good CD and if I place the bootdisk I have made a few hours ago, it also says that it isn't the right CDo_O

6. GlobalForce

Sp2 .... included or through update? That's why I gave you THAT article to check source path's.

GF

7. GlobalForce

*In response to you're other question's ....

Windir's your windows folder. A file resembling the driver's name in your windows\inf folder.

By "systematic" I mean you'll first disable it's shield, change svc startup disabled, reboot.
    Check to make sure it's no longer running, then attempt the uninstall.

Webroot's not too swift on kb uninstall's, none I could easily locate.

GF

8. Atomas31

I have checked on my inf folder and I see nothing that ressembling sskbfd...

when you say "change svc startup disabled" what do you mean?
    How do I stop the keyboard filter?

Thanks,

9. GlobalForce

The program itself I believe has some sort of shield you can disable. From there you'd change it's service startup disabled, reboot. Originally when I thought of removing one of these "filter driver" type application's, Jason's tip concerning pg came to mind. That keyboard filter should be running as a service, no?

PS - You may have to change resolution before future booting of the rc, I'm not sure.

GF

10. Atomas31

The keyboard filter doesn't run as a service...

11. GlobalForce

Dump the active drivers list to file then search by name. Use the sc command.
    Easier: Use msinfo32 to check if it's running.

GF

12. Atomas31

Thank you for all your help GlobalForce, I finally succeeded in removing it the way you said.

I reinstall SS 5.3, disabled all the shield, shut it down than run the uninstaller of it that the webroot support send to me, reboot and now the sskbfd keyboard driver seems to be remove from my keyboard driver... Finally!!!

Thanks to everyone,
    Atomas31

13. GlobalForce

Atomas give us "happy ending?" :D Good! Good for you! Now we can all get some sleep. ;)

Logical - "I reinstall SS 5.3, disabled all the shield, shut it down than run the uninstaller ...."

GF

14. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

@Atomas31 and GF
    Finally... Well done and congratulations to both of you :D.

thanatos

15. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

sounded harder than removing a virus hahaha ironic since its anti-spyware but thats a good thing.

16. GlobalForce

Hey we all fed the horse, Atomas grabbed the rein's. ;)

GF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.