How to remove protection for deleted Pale Moon?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by derekhunter, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derekhunter

derekhunter Registered Member

I have just tried out the Pale Moon X64 browser (based on Firefox) and SW Blaster added it to the list of protected. Then I deleted Pale Moon and its data (didn't like it) but it remained in Blaster's list of protected browsers.

I removed all protection and uninstalled Blaster and rebooted, and then re-installed Blaster, but Pale Moon still shows up in the list.

How can I get rid of it in Blaster's list of protected Browsers?

2. derekhunter

Whilst waiting for a response I have done some experimentation. I have found two folders "Moonchild Productions" located in c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming and c:\users\<user>\AppData\Local .

Deleting the first of these stopped Spyware Blaster thinking that Pale Moon was installed and protecting it, which I suppose is a result.

However, why would Spyware Blaster decide whether Pale Moon is installed by looking for a folder that is left behind when Pale Moon is uninstalled?

3. clubhouse

clubhouse Registered Member

I think the bigger question is why did pale moon leave those files behind?....Did you use the OS uninstaller or a third party uninstaller?

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

SpywareBlaster detects Pale Moon by looking for browser profile(s). %APPDATA%\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\ is the default path, and appears to be where your browser profile was stored.

It might be worth suggesting to the Pale Moon developers that they add the option to remove profile data/settings on uninstall, if it isn't already available. I've seen a few other browsers offer that option in their recent versions.

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. derekhunter

I uninstalled Pale Moon using the Control Panel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.