How to remove old T-Bird / Firefox installs?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rainwalker, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

I have a ton of older versions of Thunderbird and Firefox installs eating up as much HD.........when i go into control panel i am told the uninstall file is gone..........i went into the registry and remove them under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>>software, but not sure i really did anything.....as you have guessed i have always installed updates over the top....any thoughts on clean up ?

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Re: How to remove old T-Birb / Firefox installs?

Hi,
    BTW, as a rule, I always uninstall previous versions but now it's too late for that... Start uninstalling them, from newest version to oldest, one by one.
    For instance, if you have firefox 1.0.3-1.0.7, remove the 7, then 6, then 5 etc. Finally clean the registry with ccleaner or regseeker or whatever you use, reboot if you like, then install the newest version(s).
    Mrk

3. Rainwalker

Thanks for getting back....so you are saying that if i were to do as you suggest the uninstall would appear for each previous version ?

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Yes, it will.
    I recently uninstalled on someone's computer 3 versions of Java and 2 versions of Firefox. Make sure you uninstall the newest ones first!!! From newest to oldest!
    Mrk

5. Rainwalker

Thank you again Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.