How to redirect signatures (and may be other settings) to other directory?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ferika, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ferika

ferika Registered Member

Hi!
    I wish use the NOD32 under virtual machine created and started under VMWARE. If i make shutdown or reboot the virtual machine, all settings and signatures will be lost. (For security i cannot do snapshot of the VM, because so will be saved not the signatures only, but all changes - including eventually virusses - in the virtual machine. So i do allways only shutdown, without save.)

I can under VMWare create a shared folder, that exist real on the main harddisk, so i wish redirect the virus signatures and eventuall any settings to this directory. So after reboot of the virtuall machine data in the shared folder will not be lost and the signatures and settings are available for the next internet session, without need a full update again!

So my question - how can i say to NOD32 in which folder i need to store the virus signatures? Eventuell other files, they have to be updated.

thank you,
    Feri

2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

i dont think you can do that. AFAIK i dont see any setting to do that. except you have admin version so you can do update mirror.

3. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

Spring for the admin version and use mirroring as suggested by cupez80. Really the easiest way to go IMO.

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.