how to recover an operating system after uninstalling acronis operating system select

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by younus, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. younus

younus Registered Member

sir,

i formatted my system just 2 days a ago .i installed windows 98 on c drive and windows xp on d drive .i lost some data in format and i installed the os disk director to recover the formatted data but it is very difficult to use so i uninstalled the os selector and disk director .

i had windows 98 on c drive and windows xp on d drive .but only windows xp is able to coming but windows 98 has disappeared .

now i have again installed the acronis operating system selector . but os system selector is unable to detect windows 98.

can you please tell me what do i do to recover windows 98 . i have installed both my operating system just two days a ago . i did'nt make any bootable disk too. please help me i am under tension .i lost my data during format and now the windows 98

yours sincerely
    younus

2. younus

younus Registered Member

sir

i have now even bought a full version of "ACRONIS DISK DIRECTOR SUITE AND ACRONIS OPERATING SYSTEM SELECTOR " this software is still unable to detect windows 98 which was installed successfully . please sir tell me the correct procedure to detect the windows 98. this sooftware detects windows xp . but what about windows 98

3. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

4. younus

younus Registered Member

hello ,

mr.bethrezen ,thanks for giving me your advice . do you think that i have to again reinstall these two operating system again(win98 on c drive and windows xp on d drive)? ........... well this can be too difficult for me as i installed them just 2 or three days back . and after the install i also installed the demo version of acronis disk director .but due the uninstall of the demo version acronis opearting system selector . the system is not able to detect and show windows 98 .

i have now even bought and installed the full version of acronis operating system selector .. ........but still no use the operating system selector is not able to detect the windows 98 .

as from your advice sir :do i have to again reinstall windows 98 and windows xp on c and d drive respectively ? or Is their any other solution to my problem other than reinstallation of dual operating system.?

yours faithfully
    younus

5. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Hello younus, let me see if I understand your setup correctly....

1) Do you have 2 physical disk drives in your system, or do you have just 1 disk with 2 partitions?

2) You say you lost some data during the formatting and installation of Windows 98. Is that correct?

3) Where where the data located? 1st drive? 2nd drive?

4) Are the data important to you, and do you need to recover the data?

If you plan to recover the data please be aware that every second that you use the system, the greater the risk is that any data still left on the disk(s) are destroyed. If you can, I advice you to shut down the system, and use another computer until we know more about your setup.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

7. sahibvirk

sahibvirk Registered Member

hey I need that boot .ini file too

8. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Re: how to recover an operating system after uninstalling acronis operating system se

If you have a license for their product, follow the Acronis instructions as posted by support :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.