How to prevent automatic quarantine?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by blued, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blued

blued Registered Member

I do not like this automatic quarantine feature, I would like to be ASKED before it automatically removes things when I am working on something. Searched through the whole setup tree and couldnt find anything to disable it. I know that I can restore things from quarantine, but it will just re-quarantine it the moment I restore it. I know I can exclude the file, but I dont like the extra steps involved. I just want to stop it from quarantining things without my permission. Thank you.

2. The fox

The fox Registered Member

I believe what your looking for is the strictness of deletion. First enable Advanced Setup, then go into Setup > Advanced Antivirus and Antispyware protection Setup > Anti-virus and anti-spyware > Setup > Cleaning, then pull the slider one step to the left, it will then show under it that it will ask a user for a option before doing anything. Then just click OK, and if you want to be a hundred percent certain that it will always ask you for action, repeat this with "Real time file System protection" too.

3. blued

blued Registered Member

I've already tried the cleaning option with slider to the left but it has no effect on quarantine. Wont disabling the Real time file system protection prevent the detection of suspicious files as well?

4. stackz

stackz Registered Member

I have Real Time protection, Web Access protection and on-demand scan all set to ask, as set in the ThreatSense setup for each of the above protection types. Setting it this way definitely does not reduce your security, unless you choose ignore action for a malicious file.

5. ccomputertek

ccomputertek Registered Member

when you select " no cleaning " you get a box asking what to do with the file of course you know that allready, i don't know what version your using, but on 3.0 NOD32 when you get the box asking what to do with it, the box has an advanced options drop down with a copy to quarentine check box.But doing it that way every time is a pain in the *** i agree, i don't want everything to get copied to quarentine either and looked for the same thing high and low, i don't think it's possible unless you can put a seperate command in the saved setup XML file somehow, mabe thats a possibility.

6. blued

blued Registered Member

Thanks for your replies, I'm on v4.0 NOD32. I found how to disable auto quarantine without disabling real time protection. In the ThreatSense engine parameter setup, under Objects, I excluded 'Files' from real time protection. No more auto-quarantine. But also no warning of suspect files. It will find them if I scan them only.

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.