How to move an image from the secure zone?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ffireblade, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ffireblade

ffireblade Registered Member

I've got one full and several incremental builds on my laptop, 'safely' stored in the Acronis Secure Zone. I need to move these to an external drive to improve safety in case my internal hard drive fails at any future point. To do this, I tried mounting an image of one of these back up builds and then copying all the files across to the external drive. Acronis started to do this OK, but then returned a message saying words to the effect that it could not complete this action as the files were currently in use! This can't be possible as they are Acronis back ups I made months ago in the Secure Zone. Any ideas guys?

2. phasechange

phasechange Registered Member

backup existing main disk to securezone or even better external disk. restore securezone backups then archive them off to external disk.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

If you wish to continue to use the secure zone as part of your backup scheme you should save a new full image to it sooner rather than later. If there is only one full followed my many incrementals the zone will eventually jam up. Automatic recycling of backups can only start after the next full image has been saved.

Although you can mount, copy files and restore images from the secure zone it is not possible to transfer these archive images elsewhere. You could either restore an existing image to another location or make a fresh image and store it there.

Xpilot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.