How to make Script Defender work in multiple user accounts ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ~*Nat*~, Dec 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

I'm very sorry if this question has been answered before - but I did a search
    and didn't find anything.
    I have WinXP and would like to know how I make SD work on all user accounts.

Thank's for your help !

~Nat~

2. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

Soo, how can I tell that it's working on all accounts ?

I really don't know how to check it. :oops: :doubt:

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

to check it's working you can add .exe to the list you already have(if it's the first extention in the list it will need a comma after the .exe, if its the last, farthest to the right then it doesnt need a comma .exe ) then try launching a program like spybot, or any with the .exe extension, if srcipt defender popsup you know it's working, you can either allow it or block it, it's up to you :). then afterwards you can remove the .exe extension.

a good list of extensions to add can be found from this page. some people have trouble installing them, if you do too post back. :)

sorry i made it so complicated, if it doesnt make sense i'll try and help with sreenshots :D

Last edited: Dec 17, 2004
  4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

when you install script defender spybot and adaware will pick up some of their keys, because they think they could be a trojan. the keys are script defeder's .exe launching . if you are sure they are script defender's .exe and not a trojan, i think you can put them in Spybot's and Adaware's ignore list, that's what i do. if you dont know for sure, again, i think they will be auto-generated at windows startup, so not a problem. maybe someone can help with this. these are the keys...

Possible extension hijack: Default batch file handler (Registry change, nothing done)
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\open\command\!="%1" %*

Possible extension hijack: Default command file handler (Registry change, nothing done)
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cmdfile\shell\open\command\!="%1" %*

Possible extension hijack: Default old executable handler (Registry change, nothing done)
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\comfile\shell\open\command\!="%1" %*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.