How to make Script Defender work in multiple user accounts ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ~*Nat*~, Dec 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

I'm very sorry if this question has been answered before - but I did a search
    and didn't find anything.
    I have WinXP and would like to know how I make SD work on all user accounts.

Thank's for your help !

~Nat~

2. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

Soo, how can I tell that it's working on all accounts ?

I really don't know how to check it. :oops: :doubt:

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

to check it's working you can add .exe to the list you already have(if it's the first extention in the list it will need a comma after the .exe, if its the last, farthest to the right then it doesnt need a comma .exe ) then try launching a program like spybot, or any with the .exe extension, if srcipt defender popsup you know it's working, you can either allow it or block it, it's up to you :). then afterwards you can remove the .exe extension.

a good list of extensions to add can be found from this page. some people have trouble installing them, if you do too post back. :)

sorry i made it so complicated, if it doesnt make sense i'll try and help with sreenshots :D

Last edited: Dec 17, 2004
  4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

when you install script defender spybot and adaware will pick up some of their keys, because they think they could be a trojan. the keys are script defeder's .exe launching . if you are sure they are script defender's .exe and not a trojan, i think you can put them in Spybot's and Adaware's ignore list, that's what i do. if you dont know for sure, again, i think they will be auto-generated at windows startup, so not a problem. maybe someone can help with this. these are the keys...

Possible extension hijack: Default batch file handler (Registry change, nothing done)
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\batfile\shell\open\command\!="%1" %*

Possible extension hijack: Default command file handler (Registry change, nothing done)
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cmdfile\shell\open\command\!="%1" %*

Possible extension hijack: Default old executable handler (Registry change, nothing done)
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\comfile\shell\open\command\!="%1" %*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.