how to know threat source?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by stnien, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stnien

stnien Registered Member

Hello,

Some malware infected files to others computer through Windows SMB protocol.. for example.. Win32/Alman virus, like the attach file. Although ESET could detect and clean the virus.. but if I can't fix the real been infected computer, I'll generate the log continue. So I'd like to know if possible and easy to know where is the threat source?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The question is why files in the Program files folder get infected. If there's another infected computer in LAN, you probably have administrative shares enabled and the admin accounts have no or weak password set.

3. stnien

stnien Registered Member

In this case, it's a test system and only for explain this kind malware of situation. Sometime computers want to share some folders to users or have to grant access rights to users in the file servers.. If some computers been infected via Win32/Alman.xx or similar malware in the enterprise network, these are a lot of files been infected, ESET could protect these files very well, but don't record in log where is the threat source. So we don't know how to fix the threat source. Then we'll see a lot of log been generated. I known another antivirus software could show the source clearly, so I'd like to ask if ESET antivirus have these kind of information? or do I have other easy method to get the information?

Thanks for your replay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.