How to install second OS (Linux)?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Victor Zhuravlev, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victor Zhuravlev

Victor Zhuravlev Registered Member

Hello everybody!
    First, I'm sorry for my English - my native language is Russian.
    I've got a problem during install Linux. My hard drive (Maxtor, 40Gb) has 2 logical drives: a primary partition with WinXP (NTFS, 7.81 Gb) and a secondary partition with logical drive D:\, it size is about 25Gb. I tried to use unallocated space for second operation system that is Linux. I created two new partitions, one for swap, other for Linux (ext3). At that time I've already installed Acronis OS Selector 8.0 and it recognized my configuration correctly. During install, I choose to install LILO at the first sector of new partition. After restart I tried to find Linux loader by "Disk Administrator" (word-for-word translation from Russian, I don't know how it called in English version) and it found nothing. In addition, I found that Disk Administrator recognize my hard drive as ~7.8Gb. It shows that drive C: has about 6Gb (I don't remember exactly, but it less that it used to be) and drive D: is much more smaller:eek:. There is no such a string with words "ext3", "linux", "swap". What happened? I never used any utility that "helps" BIOS work with "big" hard drives such as MaxBlast and others, which writes some code in MBR.
    What should I do to install Linux?
    Help!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.