How to get Spywareguard to stop popping up

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Trane, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trane

Trane Registered Member

Is there a way to make spyware guard not pop up all the time asking me if i want to keep my old homepage or have it be changed to a new webpage, or any other thing it asks me to do? I just want to make it so my homepage doesn't get changed everytime I turn on my computer/go online or anything like that without being bothered. Thanks.

2. ARIES2U

ARIES2U Guest

3. Trane

Trane Registered Member

thanks, but i downloaded the program, and it doesn't work. I still keep getting about:blank as my homepage...even though i have startpage guard running and spysweeper running (with homepage "shield"). It seems like nothing is working to get rid of that annoying homepage, unless i use spyguard which prompts me with 4 or 5 different things everytime i do anything with my computer cuz something keeps wanting to change my homepage...is there a way to use spyguard without it prompting me all the friggen time?

4. Diamond T

Diamond T Registered Member

I would think you should try to get rid of whatever malware it is that's trying to hijack your homepage. Getting rid of the culprit will also get rid of the prompts. Have you run Spybot 1.3, AdAware 6, HijackThis or any of the programs which may help to to remove the problem? Perhaps posting a HijackThis log in the adware, spyware & hijack cleaning forum would help. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.