How-To Geek featured BOClean today! The GUI has really changed.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ratchet, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I used it for months after it was available through Comodo (admittedly never heard of it prior) but dropped it about a year ago. It seemed to kind of have a cult following. The GUI now seems very extensive. With NOD32, ThreatFire, Windows Defender and Online Armor actively running, anyone see any point in BC? Most of my surfing is also sandboxed.
    http://blogs.howtogeek.com/mysticge...fy-and-eliminate-spyware-with-comodo-boclean/

2. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

You are secure. In fact, you are over-protected. I would drop WD and either OA or Threatfire. There is no need for all those security applications because they all serve similar fuctions. You'll be fine, especially is you're sandboxed. You can add an on-demand application just to be safe if you want.

3. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Agree. In fact, it's a little surprising that setup hasn't given you a conflict or two. Unless you have the HIPS component of OA disabled.

4. emperordarius

emperordarius Registered Member

No need for BOClean. I'd remove WinDefender for SUPERAntiSpyware, and remove OA if the hips component is installed.

5. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Thanks for the replies! Actually hips is enable in OA but every thing plays very nicely. Startup isn't to bad either at 1 minute, 30 seconds on this 4+ yr old Dell XP machine.

6. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Nice. If all is good, might as well leave it be, though I think that running TF and Defender is probably unnecessary with OA HIPS on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.