How to encrypt a partition?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Stephan Calkosz, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephan Calkosz

Stephan Calkosz Registered Member

Hi there,

I'm using Acronis Disk Director Suite 10 to have two identical XP NTFS partitions on my laptop. One partition is used for professional stuff, the other for email, web-browsing and fun (sometimes).

I travel a lot and to make sure that in the event of loosing the laptop no commercial data is misused, I want to encrypt the commercial partition. File encryption would be an option, yet I would prefer to encrypt the complete partition.

The problem seems to be, that programs which do the encryption require the boot sector to be started from.

Perhaps someone can help me with this:
    - Is there an encryption product available which is compatible with OS Selector or can XP do a complete encryption of the partition?
    - Is there a way to configure OS Selector to handle multiple boot sectors (assuming that OS Selector requires a boot sector of its own)?
    - Some alternative OS selectors provide a feature for multiple boot sectors, yet are they compatible with Acronis formatted partitions?

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

Stephan Calkosz

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Stephan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

I'm afraid that Acronis OS Selector does not allow to have multiple boot sectors at the moment. Probably this feature will be implemented in future, but unfortunately we can not tell you the exact time frame, since it is not available yet.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.