How to Disappear

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by spy1, Jun 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

"Your inbox is awash in spam, your boss is chuckling over your credit report, and you've got a sneaking suspicion that Uncle Sam counts how many Löwenbräu you chug. Yes, your privacy's shot to hell, and you're tempted to shrug and settle for an open source life. But privacy isn't like virginity, forever lost after the first trespass. With some work, "reprivatization" is possible. Use this three-tiered guide to pick a level of solitude. But be warned: Going all the way off the grid is more Ted Kaczynski than Howard Hughes."

Rest of article here: http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/10.07/start.html?pg=14

2. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Pete, you're a gem - please keep finding these nuggets. They're worth their weight in gold, at least here in the Emerald Isle, where the colleens have ruby lips and silver hair, and all the credit cards are platinum. And...and...bored now.

3. controler

controler Guest

I have no credit cards. I have no home. I have no phone. I have no life
    I do have a wireless internet connection.
    I have moved :^)
    Dang now the women can't find me :(

4. Rickster

Rickster Guest

Hey Controller...if those first few items are true, you think women would want to find you...? :D

5. Mike_Healan

Mike_Healan Registered Member

LOL Rickster.

Thanks Pete. I'll check that out later when I have time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.