How to delete?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Rui da Silva, Oct 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rui da Silva

Rui da Silva Guest

Sorry my ignorance, but when using Spyware Blaster, I select all files, but then ? How can i delete the selected files? Sorry again..

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking here... Are you asking how to disable (turn off or delete) the protections that SpywareBlaster gives you? If so, this image shows you how to undo all the protections.

[​IMG]

If you do that, you are no longer protected by SpywareBlaster. It is like you never installed or ran it.

Of course to turn on all the protections again, you use "Select All" and then press "Protect Against Checked Items!". This will give you complete protection for that list of all ActiveX items.

You can see if you are protected or not by looking at the list of spyware items. If when you run SpywareBlaster they are all "checked" and plain black text, then you are protected. If they are NOT checked and are red and bold then SpywareBlaster if off (no protections).

3. Zidane

Zidane Registered Member

Re:How to delete? - Rui da Silva

I maybe understand what do you want say... if the update finds something new - written in RED, you have to click Select All and then Protect against checked items - and then you will be protected against it.

Because the things in the database - old BLACK and new RED are NOT IN YOUR COMPUTER, , this is the database of stuff you are protected against, so you dont need to delete it - you have to SELECT ALL and then PROTECT AGAINST CHECKED ITEMS for the best SB function.

I think you mistook Spyware Blaster a little - SB doesnt search for spyware in your computer, SB has its own database of spyware - something like antivirus programs - and that spyware SB doesnt allow to be installed in your computer - SB is something like a guardian, if some spyware SB knows is to be installed, SB will block it.

SB is a "door guardian" I can say - the programs for seeking for installed spyware are for example Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com, Spybot Search and Destroy and a few other programs :)

I hope this helps you to understand what is SB about :)

4. Rui da Silva

Rui da Silva Guest

Thanks

Thanks a lot ! Now, im understanding this much better.. maybe my question was because im portuguese so I couldn't understand it very well... thanks again [[ ]]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.