How to create Incremental backups in B&R 15?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Carlk, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Carlk

Carlk Registered Member

I am trying to follow the manual and set up a regular backup schedule using the retention wizard (pg 117 of manual).

I want to create a full backup on Sunday and incremental backups Monday through Friday (retaining one full week).

No problems until I get to the retention policy settings. I choose 'Create full and incremental backups' under Backup Routine Type and then under additional options I set 'The maximum number of backup incremental chains to 5 (one for each day). I leave 'Maximum number of images for each chain' at 1.

For the schedule I set 'Weekly' checking Sunday through Friday.

So that did not work. That gives me daily full backupso_O
    I must be complicating something simple. Could someone share how you perform a full drive back up one day and create incremental backups on other days and then only retain 1 copy (The current and 1 older version)

Any help would be appreciated.

Carl

2. Samoreen

Samoreen Registered Member

Hi,

> I set 'The maximum number of backup incremental chains to
    > 5 (one for each day). I leave 'Maximum number of images for each chain' at 1.

I think it's the contrary : 1 backup incremental chain and 5 images in each chain.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.