How to create Incremental backups in B&R 15?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Carlk, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Carlk

Carlk Registered Member

I am trying to follow the manual and set up a regular backup schedule using the retention wizard (pg 117 of manual).

I want to create a full backup on Sunday and incremental backups Monday through Friday (retaining one full week).

No problems until I get to the retention policy settings. I choose 'Create full and incremental backups' under Backup Routine Type and then under additional options I set 'The maximum number of backup incremental chains to 5 (one for each day). I leave 'Maximum number of images for each chain' at 1.

For the schedule I set 'Weekly' checking Sunday through Friday.

So that did not work. That gives me daily full backupso_O
    I must be complicating something simple. Could someone share how you perform a full drive back up one day and create incremental backups on other days and then only retain 1 copy (The current and 1 older version)

Any help would be appreciated.

Carl

2. Samoreen

Samoreen Registered Member

Hi,

> I set 'The maximum number of backup incremental chains to
    > 5 (one for each day). I leave 'Maximum number of images for each chain' at 1.

I think it's the contrary : 1 backup incremental chain and 5 images in each chain.