how to configure actions to be taken by antivirus

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by duijv023, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duijv023

duijv023 Registered Member

In early times we could configure all actions to be taken by AMON, EMON, IMON and DMON.
    Ok, it's the first time I installed smartsec. beta, so maybe it is a little hidden feature somewhere in the system, but I didn't find it.

Well I'm gonna play a litlle bit more with smartsec.

Greetings from Holland

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Tray Icon>Open Window>Setup>AntiVirus Protection.

Then you can configure "Amon", E-mail protection, the Web Scanner and the on-demand scanner.

3. duijv023

I'm sorry, but i can't define actions there.

What i mean, is what to do if a virus is found (prompt, clean, rename, delete)
    As we used to configure in NOD32 v2.x

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You can customize the cleaning level, that's it. ESS minimizes the need for manual action selection.

5. duijv023

hmmm that's pretty clear talking :doubt:

I hope that i will stay happy with that. In NOD32 I configure those actions for a few simple reasons:
    - the enduser does in 99% not know what to do with warnings, so I want to prevent warnings at a low level
    - therefore we use just about blackspears' settings ( but i discovered those later, so i was happy to see I'm not the only one on this)
    - As a resellers, I can give the end user "something extra" buy configuring those extra's

So I would be very happy when there will be a possibility to configure a few things.

Greetings from a nice summerly Holland

6. paulbridges02

paulbridges02 Registered Member

I finally found the profile setup for on demand scanning, but what is the difference between the different "Clean" settings. I realize 0 is probably no clean but notification but does anyone know what each one does specifically?

Thanks!

7. vapor

vapor Registered Member

8. mayt

mayt Eset Staff Account

Hi, you can find the answers in the help (press F1 when configuring the Threatsense\Cleaning).

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I think your answer lies here

10. vapor

vapor Registered Member

Again - not much in the way of options. It seems to me that ESS either deletes or ignores files based on cleaning setting. Where are options like "fix" or "quarantine"?

11. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

ESS is much smarter than v2, it automatically moves threats to quarantine and prompts for an action only in case it's unsure if it's safe to do that.

12. Alf_

Alf_ Registered Member

I wishes ESS 1a acts like that. With al the cleaning levels at default (tooltip says '1') I experienced threats are deleted and not moved to quarantine. Allthough there was a warningbox, the files were lost, so I can't put them back in case of a false possitive. (They were actually).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.