how to check days left

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by law93, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. law93

law93 Registered Member

the title pretty much says it.
    how do i check the days left in my NOD32 v3?

2. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

I presume that you get the pop up window when there's two weeks left on your license as in V2.7

Personally I saved the emailed receipt when I bought online so can check there any time.

3. law93

law93 Registered Member

oh, ok, thanks

4. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Eventually this info will be added to the AV. Eset is aware of this.

5. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

I don't think it's a very wise option to be added, as it would also show the expiry date of illegally obtained user/passes. An illegal user/pass cannot be checked for the expiry date before using it now, as it is not stated anywhere.
    Everybody with a license now, will just have to check his email or bill for the date. If one has lost this information.....just use the option: "Lost User/pass" at Eset and he'll get the information again.

6. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

And what benefit would knowing the expiration date of an illegally obtained license be to its owner?

7. Big Apple

A lot of licenses floating around could be checked for usability and perhaps entered when you know the date.

8. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Wouldn't they know its expired if the definitions don't update?

9. Big Apple

Yes, ofcourse, but using a user/pass from a big list, which can be easily checked when entering is a lot easier then. You get to see the date right away.

10. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Perhaps you're right. It's just that a lot of people have been waiting for this feature. However, if not having it results in more money in Eset's pocket, I could do without it.

11. nodHead

nodHead Registered Member

Who cares about illegal licenses. That's ESET's problem not ours, the customers that do the right thing. I would really like to see an expiration field in NOD32 to tell me when the license runs out.

12. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

Possibly you will be warned when they will be lacking 6 days for the expiry date of his license such as it was demonstrated in the versions Beta

There is no need so of showing the date of expiry of the license

We have also what to understand that without money the Eset it will not be able to do anything is how if it was safeguarding his rights in other words to improve his products with new technologies, yes I know this version 3 of his products was a lesson for the life of the Eset I think that they are sorry because they did believe myself to be them what everything is going to turn to a normal one of the Eset.

sorry my english

13. grizz

grizz Registered Member

well i for 1 would like to see how long is left no doubt quite a few others would also:)

14. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Sure there is, it's useful information for a customer. Let me put it this way, had Marcos not stated here that the facility would be implemented in the current version, I would not have renewed. Yes, it's a minor issue, but it's one a customer shouldn't have to wonder about and I, for one, was not going to wonder about it anymore.

Blue

15. nodyforever

Then it is a question of we wait that everything is ended.

But will not he be any more a easy of ilegal the products showing to date of the expiry of the license?

Which suggestions would you give to improve the Eset in this aspect?

Well do I know that the money moves everything and also I think if an AV will be difficult of illegally to person it gives up again of him but he is got illegally he will be able to become his good client, will it be so?

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  16. nodHead

nodHead Registered Member

Oh so we should have software with less features because people may pirate it? o_O Seriously nody, most AV products incl. Kaspersky does a license expiry countdown or similar. I find that sort of information really useful.

OT: Are you using an online translator to type your posts? Just wondering.

17. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

My only suggestion, which I offered, was, if Eset wanted to keep me as a paying subscriber, implement a solution that would allow me to perform a quick check when my license expires. Implementation details were up to them. It was really that simple, and enough users made the same request, so here we are.

As for showing an expiration date impacting illegal use, if you've gone down that path the product either works (not expired/valid) or doesn't (expired/invalid). If the license is invalid, you know it and you try another, and repeat until exhausted or "satisfied". I can't see any impact of displaying an expiration date on illegal usage, and if there is, Eset doesn't know how to control their product distribution.

Blue

18. nodyforever

Yes nodHead using a translator online because. I'm a Portuguese and cannot write English fluently.

But not saying that I disagree with this option nod am that giving another alone perspective that. But yes really it compensates again for the visualization of the expiry of the date.

I apologise for sometimes they understood me badly but I do the best possible and disposed helping here.

19. nodyforever

Thanks for your personal and sincere opinion. :D :cool:

20. Supersnake

Supersnake Registered Member

I have to smile that there was a request to not display the expiration date? :)

Like we have been requesting this feature for months - years? :D

21. Big Apple

I wouldn't mind it showing ......don't get me wrong, but it makes piracy easier, that's all.

22. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

Another thing I do is stick the date in Rainlendar, a freeware desktop calendar. I can set up pop-up reminders at any intervals before the expiry date. (mine is set to start one month before expiry).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.