How to check a cd key without installing ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by garry35, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garry35

garry35 Registered Member

a few years ago around the same time vista was released i bought the retail version from ebay. the seller said it was a USA version and even though i am in the UK it will be ok. not long after getting it i installed and activated no probs. but i have since bought win7 retail from ebay, which turned out to be a MSDN subscriber version and while it worked for around a month it failed authentication later and this has been confirmed by Microsoft official help line and various others.

so i would like to know if theres anyway to check if my vista will come back as non genuine without installing the OS first, i dont want to spend a few weeks installing apps etc and imaging, only to find i have been conned again.

thanks in advance
    Gazzer

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

There's a toll free number for the Microsoft folks who help with activation (sorry, don't have it handy). Why not call them and explain what's going on?

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yeah, I would call MS also. I don't know the number either, but I think that's the best way to check things out and know for sure....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.