How to Boot a Clone

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by hawkeye62, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Registered Member

I used Partition Manager 11 to create a clone of my system boot drive. The clone was created with the same signature as the original, so there was a signature collision and Windows 7 placed the clone offline and didn't assign a drive letter.

Question: Is there any way to boot the clone without removing the original and replacing it with the clone?

Thanks for any help or insight, Jim

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I suppose the "clone" is installed as an internal disk. If it is connected as an external disk, it is not possible to boot Windows from it.

When the booting begins, go to the boot menu (with F12 in Dell computers). If the disk appears in the menu, select it to boot from it. If the booting successes, you can change the boot order permanently modifying the BIOS configuration.

3. hawkeye62

hawkeye62 Registered Member

Yes, the clone is on an internal SATA disk. The clone boots with a strange result. The System Reserved partition on the clone is the "System" partition, but the Windows partition of the original HDD is the "Boot" partition. Clearly not a desirable situation and not a true test of the viability of the clone.

Maybe a Paragon clone is only usable when the original HDD is replaced by the clone?

Regards, Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.