How to become Moderator?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by MCT, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCT

MCT Registered Member

just wondering what credentials you guys look 4 when choosing a moderator?

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

The ones we have to drag in by their ears are usually the best. *puppy*

Regards,

Pieter

3. MCT

MCT Registered Member

but that doesnt answer my question :s :rolleyes:

4. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

While I cannot claim to speak for the mods on this site, there some desirable qualities that a moderator in any forum should have:
    • willingness to help others (the most important!);
    • expertise in the forum's subject (which for this site could include general Windows knowledge, network security, an understanding of viruses/trojans and spyware cleanup);
    • an ability to keep a calm head when dealing with difficult threads (and/or posters! :D ) and the good sense to decide when a thread is getting out of hand and needs intervention;
    • consumate diplomacy and a keen awareness of the importance of phrasing replies carefully (especially since it is so much easier to misinterprete and take offence from an online message).
    You do not need to be a moderator to help out - the benefit is that a moderator can move posts/threads if they are in the wrong place and are presumed to be knowledgeable and able to speak with authority.

(please note I am not volunteering for any of this - the existing mods do a perfectly good job and those HijackThis logs give me a headache!).

5. MCT

MCT Registered Member

being a moderator isnt THAT important, i just thought it would be a nice title :p

i do contribute 2 as many threads as i can :cool:

Regards. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.