How to backup a GPT Disk?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Orhin, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orhin

Orhin Guest

Hi :)

Anyone can help me perhaps with that question? Have here a wonderful nice Asus EEEBox with Windows 7 and i would like to create a backup of the Windows 7 system on it with Paragon.

Problem is, it seems to be a GPT Disk. I have 2 Partitions - Efi System partition without name and the Systempartition with Windows and Stuff.

Normally when making a normal backup of an mbr based disk it is enough to make just a backup of the systempartition.

So.. my question is this, since i never made so far a backup of an GPT Disk.. if i just make a full Disk backup (sector-by-sector option necessary or not?) with that 2 partitions.. is that enough for restoring the system into a running state, or is it not that simple with a GPT Disk and i have perhaps to take care also about something else?

If anyone could bring a bit light into that matter i would be VERY thankful :)

Orhin

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

You should backup both partitions, using a Paragon program that is compatible with UEFI, like the latest version of Hard Disk Manager Suite or Pro.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.