How to backup a GPT Disk?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Orhin, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orhin

Orhin Guest

Hi :)

Anyone can help me perhaps with that question? Have here a wonderful nice Asus EEEBox with Windows 7 and i would like to create a backup of the Windows 7 system on it with Paragon.

Problem is, it seems to be a GPT Disk. I have 2 Partitions - Efi System partition without name and the Systempartition with Windows and Stuff.

Normally when making a normal backup of an mbr based disk it is enough to make just a backup of the systempartition.

So.. my question is this, since i never made so far a backup of an GPT Disk.. if i just make a full Disk backup (sector-by-sector option necessary or not?) with that 2 partitions.. is that enough for restoring the system into a running state, or is it not that simple with a GPT Disk and i have perhaps to take care also about something else?

If anyone could bring a bit light into that matter i would be VERY thankful :)

Orhin

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

You should backup both partitions, using a Paragon program that is compatible with UEFI, like the latest version of Hard Disk Manager Suite or Pro.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.