How to add windows update in ess 5 firewall?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Secret25, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Secret25

Secret25 Registered Member

Recently I did a fresh installation of windows 7 x86 and then I installed ESS 5.2.9.1 but sad to say everytime I run the windows update there is always an error message regarding the firewall..I am pretty sure that I have only one firewall enabled and that was the ESS 5 firewall..Now I can update my windows 7 but with the firewall disabled which is not a good idea specially when you are using a free public wifi..Hope this issue will be resolve soon..

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hi Secret25
    Just a proposal, ... you can try to set your firewall in " interactive mode" for a while, and connet to windows-update, to let your firewall create the rules required to establish the communication/rules needed . (do not feel tempted to set your firewall in Learning mode, because as you are saying, your are using free public wifi.) After that, Reboot, and then set your firewall in "Automatic mode with exceptions", to see if it will solve the issue.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you paste a screen shot of the message here?

4. Secret25

Secret25 Registered Member

Thanks for responding..Everything is ok now after I installed the latest patch of windows 7..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.