How to add OS to new partion/hard drive?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Suzie Q, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzie Q

Suzie Q Guest

Installed new/extra hard drive. Running Windows XP home. How do I install Windows XP home on the new drive? The Master is running a little wonky, and I want to boot to the new one and install Windows

2. Rick_G

Rick_G Registered Member

I assume this is an internal hard drive. If you can, simply disable the first hard drive in the BIOS. If you can't do that, you have to do it manually. Disconnect the data cable (or the power cable) from the original drive.

You should be able to put the Windows XP CD into your drive, and turn on the PC. Since there is no OS on the new drive, it should boot from the CD drive. Then you can format the drive and install XP on the new drive.

Here is a description of how someone else did it.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Suzie Q,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to install the second operating system in section 8.2.4 of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 User's Guide.

If you have any further questions please let me know what exact steps/actions described in the above mentioned User's Guide you cannot understand/perform. I'll certainly try to help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.