How to add exception for media server in ESET NOD32?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Beer Los, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beer Los

Beer Los Registered Member

Long time user of NOD32 here and never had an issue until now.

I installed PlayOn (themediamall.com) on my Vista Home Premium 32bit pc, which is a media server to stream videos from Netlfix, Youtube, Hulu to my Playstation3. If I leave ESET running the video stream is being analysed and the playback stops. Disabling ESET, however, gives a perfect movie. I tried unchecking the server (which does show up in the list) in 'Web access protection', I tried adding the websites from Netflix etc as "safe", however nothing works...

Any ideas how I can disable ESET to monitor the PlayOn video stream (while still doing its other duties)?

2. Chewie

Chewie Registered Member

I'm in the same boat as the OP, though I'm running on Windows SBS 2003.

Anyone have an idea on how to get NOD32 to ignore the PlayOn server and let it do it's job unencumbered?

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

A movie stream shouldn't be constantly analyzed and might have been automatically triggered on. If you open the web browsers section in advanced options put a red X (click until you see it) next to the steaming software. I'm guessing it's in the list there and probably got automatically ticked.

4. squeekee35

squeekee35 Registered Member

I do not have any special streaming software, but I have this problem with you tube videos. Some of them stream fine, but some times the play back stops or freezes. It just takes forever to download. I am wondering if it is a possible issue with NOD32 or could it be something else, since I do not have any specific streaming software. I looked in the web browser section to put a red X but since i don't have any specific streaming software i am not sure what to disable (if anything).

5. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Sounds more like an ISP/youtube issue.

6. squeekee35

squeekee35 Registered Member

Okay thank you.

I am trying to check in to that right now.

7. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

I had the problem described with 2.7 of NOD32. If you went to %temp% you could see a iHxxx.tmp file grow as the movie streamed. If I watched the stream all day long (CCTV camera) then it would fill the hard drive.

This caused a lot of video jitter.

Version 3.0 of Nod32 did not have this problem for me.

Are you on 2.7?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.