How to activate Office package?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Snowtown, Jan 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowtown

Snowtown Registered Member

I have Microsoft Office 2002 installed on my computer running on Windows XP SP2. Whenever I try to run any of the aplications in the Office package (Word, Excel) a window pops up asking me to activate the program.
    Without the activation I can't do anything.

How do I do that?

Thank you.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

3. Snowtown

Snowtown Registered Member

Thanks. But it seems that the Office package that I use is in use on other computers as well. What can I do?

4. dog

dog Guest

Office XP EULA

Online EULA M$ KB
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/office/xp/all/reskit/en-us/eula.mspx

dog - *puppy*

5. meneer

meneer Registered Member

www.openoffice.org

6. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

the free, and very handy and easy to use program "XP-AntiSpy" has some setting that i believe may put a muzzle on the activation thing. I am not sure why it was included in the product. I don't think it could be to circumvent activation. You have to have activated your product before you invoke the setting which instructs it to stop checking. As you can see, I have not checked that option because doing so tends to be more trouble than its worth. You cannot download and install updates, for instance. But there was a while when it kept bugging me to activate office. I think I had disabled automatic update or something. anyway, its a good program to have.

-HandsOff

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.