How to activate Office package?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Snowtown, Jan 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snowtown

Snowtown Registered Member

I have Microsoft Office 2002 installed on my computer running on Windows XP SP2. Whenever I try to run any of the aplications in the Office package (Word, Excel) a window pops up asking me to activate the program.
    Without the activation I can't do anything.

How do I do that?

Thank you.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

3. Snowtown

Snowtown Registered Member

Thanks. But it seems that the Office package that I use is in use on other computers as well. What can I do?

4. dog

dog Guest

Office XP EULA

Online EULA M$ KB
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/office/xp/all/reskit/en-us/eula.mspx

dog - *puppy*

5. meneer

meneer Registered Member

www.openoffice.org

6. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

the free, and very handy and easy to use program "XP-AntiSpy" has some setting that i believe may put a muzzle on the activation thing. I am not sure why it was included in the product. I don't think it could be to circumvent activation. You have to have activated your product before you invoke the setting which instructs it to stop checking. As you can see, I have not checked that option because doing so tends to be more trouble than its worth. You cannot download and install updates, for instance. But there was a while when it kept bugging me to activate office. I think I had disabled automatic update or something. anyway, its a good program to have.

-HandsOff

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.