How the NSA Could Bug Your Powered-Off Phone, and How to Stop Them

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by lotuseclat79, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

How the NSA Could Bug Your Powered-Off Phone, and How to Stop Them (iPhone related).

-- Tom

2. MisterB

MisterB Registered Member

Take the battery out and it's inaccessible. Like any electronic device, without power, it does nothing. With a battery inside, it can be turned on again.

3. Reality

Reality Registered Member

As obnoxious as this is, still, with other things "Snowden" I don't see this as exactly "breaking news" where we're all shocked and horrified . Its more of a "reload". He may have filled in some finer details but the main points (I speak generally) have been spoken about in various circles for years, and some have been branded as paranoid nutters for their trouble. With the far reaching abilities of the 3LAs, when you join enough dots, erring on the side of caution is the bare minimum if privacy and security matter to you.

My solution
    - keep your ancient phone and don't get anything with "smart" in its description...unless those 3 LA's can get to those as well.

I can't see a hard shutdown being employed by joe average as described in the link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.