How should I restore?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Niels, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Dear wilders security forummembers

I shelduled a full backup each Sunday and an differential backup from my documents and email settings each day. Should I first place the full backup and afterwards the differential backups? I've made the differential backup's in another folder on my external hard disc then my full backup. Should I then move the full backup to the location of these other backup's?

Thanks in advance.
    Best regards
    Niels

2. Ray Clare

Ray Clare Registered Member

Acronis knows these are all a set. Just select the latest incremental you want to use, and it will restore everything up to that point. But, keep the set all in the same folder.

3. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Dear Ray Clare,

I suppose that I can move the full backup to the subfolder that I created on my hard disc for saving the backup's of my mail and documents before restoring. Thank you very much for your quick reply. I really appreciated it.

Best regards
    Niels

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Keep in mind that you want your backups secure and away from your normal activity. You don't want a hard drive failure to cause you to lose your backups. Storing your backups on alternate & multiple devices such as external drives, networks, dvd's etc provides more security should your storage drives suffer a failure .

5. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Dear GroverH

All these backup's are stored on an external hard disc. I know see that I forgot to mention in my previous post that my full backup is also located on my external hard disc. Sorry for this confusion.
    Thanks for mentioning it. I also backup my documents on a separate memory stick. Also thanks for your reply.

Best regards
    Niels

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.