How secure is Diskcryptor compared to Truecrypt

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Forever, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I installed Windows 7 without the System Reserved Partition, so I don't know about that one. If you run a test using AS SSD Benchmark, you'll see a big improvement. I don't remember what it was, but it was noticeable. I used a similar bootloader message and set DC to reboot if a wrong password was entered.

Sorry to hear your time with DC was so brief due to AX64. Especially in that it takes so long to decrypt and re-encrypt large drives. I was prepared to wait that long when I switched to Arch and dm/LUKS, but thankfully Linux encryption works differently and is a much faster process (pre-wiping the drives with random data took longer, but was still faster than Windows in situ encryption).

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Yeah, maybe if I waited a little longer, the AX64 guys might provide a solution. But since I want backups and encryption both working ASAP, and there was a previous working setup, I'll have to revert to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.