How secure are my TIH11 backups

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by student, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. student

student Registered Member

I currently backup my computer to a external hard disk using TIH11. If the external hard disk was to get stolen, how secure would my backup data be? I have quite a lot of sensitive information (accounts / taxes / work documents etc) that I keep encrypted with EFS on my pc. Would anyone be able to access this data from a TIH11 backup? If so, how can I make it more secure?

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

It is not encrypted but it's a propietary format, so a person needs ATI to open the file. You can password protect the file, which, agian, does not encrypt but would keep someone from opeining it with ATI without the password.

3. student

student Registered Member

How do I apply a password to the file? A password and EFS encrypytion should be plenty I think.

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

During the process in making the Backup file, one of the dialog windows asks if you want to apply a password.

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you want ro encrypt it, you'll have to use third party software to do it. And then the file won't be readable by ATI until you decrypt it.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello student,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please also notice that Acronis True Image Echo family features encrypting backups with industry-standard AES cryptographic algorithm (key size 128, 192, 256 bit). You can learn more about Acronis True Image Echo from the respective User's Guides.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.