How open/extract oledata.mso files ?

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Ocky, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Its been awhile https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=244086&highlight=.mso and now I have again received one of those as an attachment to an email.
    Some info here

I don't want to install Wine. Currently on my 'main' distro viz. Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with its version of OpenOffice 3.20. No go, otherwise I wouldn't be posting this.
    So, can anybody advise ? Quite frankly I will be pleasantly surprised if there is a way. Renaming to .eml doesn't help.

2. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Stupid suggestion but if it's a rare thing, couldn't you just ask someone who has MS Windows to do the needful? And tell the sender not to send stuff in that format in future?

3. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  4. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

man so far i get is you need alternative to Microsoft Entourage. in linux :)

or some extention/addon on your mail client which support outlook

you can tell to your sender ...... zip and send file rather than direct sending it from MS outlook

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  5. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Thanks mack_guy and vasa1.
    I would normally do what you suggest but the mail is from my ISP and they never ever take notice or do anything to assist.
    I deleted the damn thing - probably just some image for a promotion. Main thing is they increased the capped amount.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.